Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Can anyone help me open Outlook? How do I find my Microsoft Exchange Server?

When I open Outlook, a dialog box appears asking for my Microsoft Exchange server and mailbox. How do I find that information?



Can anyone help me open Outlook? How do I find my Microsoft Exchange Server?microsoft.com



Are you trying to use Outlook on your company's network, or are you trying to connect to your internet email account? If the former, most likely you'll need to contact your help desk or network administrator for information on how to connect to the Exchange server. If the latter, you most likely won't need to connect to an Exchange server but instead an external email server via the POP3 or IMAP protocol.



Can anyone help me open Outlook? How do I find my Microsoft Exchange Server?internet browser internet explorer



If you're at work, go to one of your co-worker's computers. Ask them to open Outlook and go to:



Tools%26gt;Options%26gt;Mail Setup



There should be a button that says 'Email accounts'.



Click that button and it will pull up an 'add account' wizard. But one of the options is 'View/Change existing accounts.' Select that, and hit 'next'. Select the server listed, then hit the 'Change' button. It will open a window that shows what server is being used, and you can just type that into your own 'setup' wizard, and you're good to go. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment